Tonight marks the third time I forgot how to hook up this wifi module already, I might as well leave a memo here for my forgetful future self.
This is the hookup instruction for ESP8266 v1 using CP2012 and Tera Term software
Things to know:
- 3.3 VDC source
- RX and TX can accept 5V logic level without problems (so far).
- 5V output of an Arduino Uno (externally sourced) through AMS1117 provides enough current for ESP8266 boot up.
- Default: 115200 baud rate
- Tera Term > Setup > Terminal > New-line transmission mode: CR+RF
- Flash mode: GPIO 0 + RESET -> GND then RESET -> float and finally GPIO 0 -> float
|ESP8266||CP2012 / Source|
|GND||GND (common to CP2012)|